A long weekend is the perfect occasion to head to a beach town and Newport Beach is part of the must see small towns in the U.S
Things to do:
- Start your day at Crystal Cove State Park where you can hike and relax at the beach. The Palm Shaded Path at Heisler Park is the perfect hiking trail during hot summer days. You should grab breakfast or have Fish Taco at lunch at the beachcombers, the beachfront restaurant.
- Spend a day at Balboa Island. Take the Ferry to Balboa Island. Wonder around, enjoy the scenery and don’t forget to have a chocolate covered banana at Dad’s.
- Walk on Balboa Pier located at Balboa Peninsula. Have Lunch at The Landing Restaurant ; they have a great water front dining balcony.
- At night, try one of those Bars:
- Make a detour and go to Laguna Beach. The great beach and the small old town full of cafes, restaurants and bars make it one of the best places to celebrate special occasions.
- Stop by Long Beach. The Main Street, with it cafes and small stores, mixes shopping and relaxing.