All the galleries and museums were gathered at the LA Art show 2018 to give us a sneak peak of what Art is about in the Los Angeles and in the US.
Here are some highlights that gave us the desire to see more Art in 2018.
“Left” or “Right” by Antuan Curated by Marisa Caichiolo
The punching bags had each the face of a world leader that we would like to punch from Trump to Poutine to Kin Jong Un to Ben Lade. . There was a meditation session organized between those punching bags to show that violence is not the answer to the violence offered by those leaders.
Margaret Keane that became widely known thanks to the movie Big Eyes, was honored with a Lifetime Achievement Award. Couple of her paintings were also exposed.
There were a lot of neon light modern art showing how popular that new pop art is.
- K Contemporary Art Gallery was exposing
- Artist WhIsBe was exposed
On the opening night, there was a special dance representation by One More Dance; a contemporary multi-disciplinary representation of Los diablos de Yare – declared an Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity by UNESCO. During the Art show you could see the Artist Valecillos that created a series of stunning photographs set against a backdrop of iconic Los Angeles landmarks.
Here are some other amazing pieces:
- Hollywood chaos seen by Jeff Gilette
- Representation of America, Pennies and bullets by Greg Auerbach
- Dreamy Beach view by Casimiro Perez
- Daniel Joseph Martinez Curated by Chon Noriegas : A Very realistic representation of the assassination of Marat